Where is this held?
Intensive are held at my Knoxville office.
How do I prep for this?
I will give you a custom welcome packet that you will complete and submit to me no less than 48 hours prior to your scheduled pre-intensive interview. This time together will focus on developing your goals and custom treatment plan for your intensive.
Who can benefit from EMDR?
EMDR addresses the psychological and physical symptoms stemming from adverse life experiences. EMDR is not just for trauma; it is also utilized for performance enhancement.
Why an intensive instead of traditional weekly or bi-weekly therapy?
Imagine being able to save yourself months of therapy, have results quicker and enjoy the compounding effect of your breakthroughs, all in a half-day.
What is this program about and why is this right for you?
- Giving yourself a dedicated chunk of time allows you to go deeper on the memories and symptoms that brought you into therapy, knocking out the “real” work.
- It is more efficient. With multiple sessions compacted into one day you reduce the time spent opening and closing each session and therefore increase the amount of progress you can make.
- After an intensive, many experience a significant decrease in the symptoms that brought them in which allows for a reduction of traditional therapy, and in some cases, eliminates it completely.
- One half-day intensive is equivalent to about two months of traditional therapy.
- You are given exclusive access to appointments reserved for the intensive program on Fridays. This removes the pressure of returning to work either the same or next day, allowing you to more fully experience the transformation you are seeking.
What happens after?
Clients are given a EMDR treatment log to use between the intensive and post-intensive interview. This is used to highlight additional breakthroughs or areas needing additional support and attention. These will be addressed in this 90-minute follow-up.
If I already have a primary therapist, can I do an EMDR intensive as adjunct therapy?
Yes. We will identify what format is best for you during your 15-minute new client consultation call. A release of information is required to provide adjunct therapy.
Can my insurance help pay for this program?
Yes. Many insurance companies reimburse a portion of the cost of The Intensive Program. For insurance purposes, I am considered an out-of-network provider. It's best to determine the exact details of your policy ahead of time, including what benefits are available regarding out-of- network providers and if your insurance will reimburse several hours of therapy in one day. I will provide you with a Superbill for the contact therapy services allowed through insurance.
Please click here to schedule your complimentary 15 minute EMDR Intensive Consultation with Bonnie Barclay, LCSW. This is an opportunity to speak directly with me prior to scheduling to clarify your counseling needs, goals, and how this accelerated approach can benefit you. I look forward to talking soon.
"I just finished an intensive EMDR therapy experience with Bonnie, and I can highly recommend not only Bonnie, but also this type of therapy. Bonnie was recommended to me by a close friend who is also in the counseling field. I could not be more appreciative of this recommendation. Bonnie’s intuitive nature and helpful feedback has changed my life. I had no idea how much my past was still affecting my present. In addition to helping me work through some past trauma, she also provided me with mental tools to help work through times when I’m struggling going forward."