I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 28 years experience in the mental health field, currently specializing in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), an evidence based treatment and comprehensive therapy. I earned both my undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Tennessee. My clinical interest and expertise includes anxiety and panic disorders, phobias/fears, stress management, peak performance, grief, PTSD, recent/single incident trauma, developmental and relationship trauma. I enjoy seeing insights occur and feel privileged to have the opportunity to partner with people as they make changes in their lives. This includes experience working with first responders, health care professionals, educators, business professionals, and athletes to reduce stress, heal from trauma, improve performance and enhance quality of life both personally and professionally.
My Approach & Values
My therapy style is supportive, trauma sensitive, and interactive. My own personal experience overcoming trauma gives me a deep empathy and understanding with my clients. Raising two athletes that now compete at a collegiate level, also gives me insight into the pride and pressures of being a competitive athlete.
Witnessing the positive shifts in my EMDR clients in session, inspired me to seek out advanced training in this powerful modality.
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) for EMDR Therapists, Bruce Hersey, LCSW 2019
- Mindfulness, Attunement, and Resonance in EMDR Treatment of Complex PTSD, Irene R. Siegel, Ph.D., LCSW 2019
- Polyvagal Theory: A Foundation for EMDR Therapy, Barbara Horne MASc, RP, RMFT, 2019
- Effectively Tracking Resiliency Using a Somatic Focus, Craig Penner, LMFT, 2019
- Demystifying and Humanizing Dissociation in EMDR Therapy Practice, Jamie Marich, Ph.D., 2019
- Ethics and Supervision in EMDR Therapy, Anna Schott, LISW-S and Suzi Rutti, LISW-S, 2020
- The Dance of Attachment: An EMDR Relational Approach, Deany Laliotis, LICSW, LCSW-C, 2020
- Recent Event Protocol With Homicide Survivors and Victims of Other Violent Crimes, 2021
- Integrating Creative Art Therapies and EMDR with Complex Clients 2021
- “Did I Lock the Door,” Treating Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with EMDR Therapy Informed by Exposure & Response Prevention and Ego State Therapy, Sandra Paulson, Ph.D., current training
- EMDR Therapy Protocols For Early Intervention And Ongoing Traumatic Stress 2022
- Licensed Clinical Social, State of Tennessee, LSW 3586
- Certified EMDR Therapist
- Consultant-in- Training