The EMDR Intensive Program
Hope. Healing. A Way Forward.
Why take months when it can take days.
EMDR helps us work through negative core beliefs and associated events/ memories along with the feelings, symptoms and body sensations experienced at the time. Because of the powerful healing effect of EMDR therapy, intensives can produce faster results. An intensive entails 3 to 4-hour sessions over 1 to 4 days Rather than dealing with things on a weekly basis over an extended period of time, you can often work through many issues intensively and fast track the healing and relief you seek as you look to move forward with your life.
The EMDR Intensive Program is a personalized approach that allows you to skip the waitlist, giving you access to select spots, and can eliminate weeks or months of living with trauma symptoms.
Do any of the following ring true?
- Perhaps you’ve been meaning to get into weekly therapy for a while now, but your schedule has been so hectic and demanding that a weekly therapy appointment feels more overwhelming than supportive.
- Perhaps you’re needing help – and a lot of it – right now, and you don’t want to spend months in the traditional weekly model of therapy treatment to feel better.
- Perhaps you are a current, weekly client who is needing extra, focused support to accelerate your progress
- Perhaps you are a new client who just prefers to work intensively, getting relief faster
EMDR intensives support the busy parent with kids trying to navigate childcare and time away, the working professional who has a lot on their plate, or the client who needs help now.
Whatever the reason that weekly sessions just won’t work for you, EMDR intensives are available to support you during times you need help the most.
More questions? Here are the most common questions about this Program
RESEARCH ON INTENSIVE EMDR THERAPY IS POSITIVE
- Intensive application of trauma-focused therapy seems to be well tolerated in patients with PTSD, enabling faster symptom reduction with similar, or even better, results, while reducing the risk that patients drop out prematurely. Learn more here and here.
- Intensive EMDR treatment is feasible and is indicative of reliable improvement in PTSD symptoms in a very short time frame. Learn more here.
- An intensive program using EMDR therapy is a potentially safe and effective treatment alternative for complex PTSD. Learn more here.
- The economy is compelling: even compared to other trauma therapy, the intensive format may decrease treatment time, because of time not spent on a) checking in at the beginning of each session, b) addressing current crises and concerns, c) focusing on stabilizing and coping skills that the client won’t need after trauma healing, or d) assisting the client in regaining composure at the end of the session. Learn more here.
YOUR EMDR THERAPY INTENSIVE INCLUDES:
- Consultation interview prior to scheduling to assess for candidacy and the number of days recommended for your intensive. Consultations are not therapy; they are designed to explore your intensive therapy needs.
- A customized treatment program with targeted treatment goals.
- A dedicated time and place for healing allowing you to step out of your day-to-day and prioritize healing and growth
- Wellness add-on option. Our healing approach includes addressing the mind and body. As a result, clients are invited to add a massage to their intensive program. Click here to learn more.
- A post-treatment follow-up to assess and support the positive changes from treatment and to determine continued care needs if any a month out from the intensive.
Please click here to schedule your complimentary 30 minute EMDR Intensive Consultation with Bonnie Barclay, LCSW. This is an opportunity to speak directly with me prior to scheduling to clarify your counseling needs, goals, and how this accelerated approach can benefit you. I look forward to talking soon.